Prime Minister Narendra Modi has launched an ambitious initiative to digitise India by making Internet access available to over two lakh villages by 2019, promoting e-governance, e-banking, e. education and e-health, and transforming India into a knowledge economy.
Covering issues ranging from cyber security and promoting startups to digital highways and "Design in India," Modi said that his government will invest Rs4.5 lakh crores in the Digital India program which will generate 18 lakh jobs.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi said that..
- I dream of a Digital India where the world looks at India for the next big idea.
- I dream of a Digital India where government is open, and governance is transparent.
- I dream of a digital India where 1.2 billion connected Indians drive innovation,promising help to all those who were working in Startups.
- Design In India is as important as Make In India.
Key job creations will be in the following categories:
- Skill training of 1 crore students in towns and villages for IT jobs: for example, job skills in BPOs, e-services (like e-commerce). Employment opportunities will be increased as well as training aspect will be focused on under ‘Skill India’ program. Focus will be more on IT training.
- Electronics manufacturing. More manufacturing units = more employment opportunity. E-commerce will boost manufacturing in India- Indirectly.
- Education, through e-education via MOOCs, and free wifi in schools. Not technically a direct sector in which to get jobs, but being educated sure helps in getting jobs elsewhere. Digital education - Skill conversions and acquisition.
- The Digital India infrastructure creation is itself a major employment generator. Digital banks and payment methodology. Digital news - content creation and distribution. Maintenance of it, like any other tech mogul, will require skilled personnel. Therefore, more jobs.
- Entrepreneurship. For every 10 people who access the internet, one of them lands a job, and another starts his own business.
- Internet access, for knowledge dissemination, is how many get jobs, and which all of us gain from to lead more meaningful lives. Internet security and protection.
These are not just ways of creating more jobs, but also in creating better jobs (less under-employment, better working-conditions, more empowered work-forces, etc.)
Tata Group will hire 60,000 IT professionals, this year. K.M. Birla said that the Aditya Birla Group would invest Rs44,500 crores in next five years in the infra and digital space.
Telecom Minister Ravi Shankar Prasad said that Government's Digital India project will create over five crore jobs once it is complete.
IT gives employment to about 30 lakh people. “Once Digital India becomes reality, we can give jobs to five crore plus people," Prasad said.
Digital India is an umbrella programme of the government comprising various projects worth about Rs 1 lakh crore to transform the country
There is boom in e-commerce sector, which is pushing development of logistics and his ministry is working on scheme to open BPOs in small towns and rural areas.Besides, government's effort to ramp up electronics manufacturing will create these jobs.
Once BPOs start opening up in mofussil towns, there will be computer training for which computer centres will come up that too will create jobs. We are running ambitious program of Make In India which will have to be supply.
We have got 4,000 startups in India. Many of them are back from Silicon valley, making their own products and making foreign companies run for money. I see they have potential to become Google or Facebook of India. Even Google and Facebook are becoming Indian by developing content in regional languages.
Major Advantages Digitalization:
- Creation of Digital Infrastructure and Electronic Manufacturing in Native India.
- Digital Empowerment of Native Indian People.
- Delivery of all Government Services electronically (E-Governance).
- A Digital Identification which will verify the end user.
- A Mobile for worldwide access to all services.
- A Bank account for Immediate Benefit Transfers of subsidies and payments.
- The program also aims to eliminate all electronics imports from foreign countries by 2020 and make India a electronics manufacturing super power.
Other Advantages :
- It will help in decreasing crime if applied on whole.
- It will help in getting things done easily.
- It will help in decreasing documentation.
- Some of the services which will be provided through this desire effort are Digital Locker, e-education, e-health, e-sign and nationwide scholarship portal.
- It will be a boost to industry; both large and small enterprises.